Uipath connect to Firebird + procedure exec + ODBC driver devart- ERROR [HY000]

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
henoh

Uipath connect to Firebird + procedure exec + ODBC driver devart- ERROR [HY000]

Post by henoh » Mon 19 Oct 2020 15:25

Hi,
Please help. And thank you

It gives up after a few days. Calling the firebird PROCEDURE is not working for me.
Connection using ODBC. After ODBC configuration, the connection TEST is correct. At 100%. I checked the connection in a different way. It's ok. Invoking regular SQL query is ok. When trying to call the procedure, I get an error:

ERROR [HY000] [Devart][ODBC][Firebird]Dynamic SQL Error

I checked the drivers: devart ODBC, from firebird ado.net.driver ODBC, easysoft ODBC. It doesn't work in any case.
Receives a senseless error: ERROR [HY000] [Devart][ODBC][Firebird]Dynamic SQL Error

The procedure is correct. Recalling it 100% is correct. At least i think so. I am doing the same for MsSQL and it is fine

Source: Execute Query

Message: ERROR [HY000] [Devart][ODBC][Firebird]Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -104
Token unknown - line 1, column 1
CREATE_ATID

Exception Type: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException

RemoteException wrapping System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Devart][ODBC][Firebird]Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -104
Token unknown - line 1, column 1
CREATE_ATID

Server stack trace:
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at UiPath.Database.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteQuery(String sql, Dictionary`2 parameters, Int32 commandTimeout, CommandType commandType)
at UiPath.Database.Activities.ExecuteQuery.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<BeginExecute>b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at UiPath.Database.Activities.ExecuteQuery.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

oleg0k
Devart Team

Re: Uipath connect to Firebird + procedure exec + ODBC driver devart- ERROR [HY000]

Post by oleg0k » Wed 21 Oct 2020 10:37

Hello,
To investigate this behavior of Devart ODBC Driver for Firebird, we need a trace file from the ODBC Administrator utility.
To obtain it, please do the following:
- run the ODBC Administrator utility and navigate to the "Tracing" tab
- specify the path to the log file and its name (for example, DEVART.LOG)
- click the "Start Trace" button
- click the "Test connection" button
- lunch your software and perform the actions that lead to the error
Send us the obtained log file DEVART.LOG
We also need a sample project (if possible) that demonstrates the incorrect behavior, including your DDL scripts for creating and populating the database objects. Please send them through the form on our website: https://devart.com/company/contactform.html

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team

henoh

Re: Uipath connect to Firebird + procedure exec + ODBC driver devart- ERROR [HY000]

Post by henoh » Wed 21 Oct 2020 21:30

Thank you very much for your answer. I sent all files with description and ODBC sql.log.
In the attachment I have included the UIPATH project, the firebird database with 1 table and two procedures. One procedure with no input parameters and the other with one input parameter.

thx you !

oleg0k
Devart Team

Post by oleg0k » Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:27

Hello,
As a workaround, you can call your procedures as follows:
"execute procedure TEST_NO_PARAM"
"execute procedure AG2(:NAME)"
We'll investigate the issue and let you know the result.

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team

henoh

Post by henoh » Thu 29 Oct 2020 11:08

Hi,
Me, do a test? will devart do the test?
Because I do not understand. Why: param? Why the sign:?

thank you for reply

oleg0k
Devart Team

Post by oleg0k » Thu 05 Nov 2020 10:44

Hello,
We've instestigated the issue and found that UiPath incorrectly calls stored procedures in databases through ODBC: TEST_NO_PARAM instead of {CALL TEST_NO_PARAM}. Stored procedures won't work in any databases when using UiPath through ODBC connection, except for MS SQL Server, which allows you to call stored procedures without the CALL statement. As a workaround, call the procedure as text: "execute procedure TEST_NO_PARAM" (for Firebird) and set the CommandType as Text. For other possible solutions, please contact UiPath technical support or visit their forum, which has a thread with possible solutions for the given issue with stored procedures.

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team

henoh

Post by henoh » Tue 10 Nov 2020 16:55

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I know you can call it that way. But that doesn't solve the problem.
The main problem is sending parameters to the procedure and receiving parameters from the procedure. And this way I cannot achieve either of these goals.

This is what it is about sending and receiving some data.

Thx

henoh

Post by henoh » Tue 10 Nov 2020 16:57

I reported the problem on the UiPath forum. We'll see if they do something about it. Because officially, if I have the Community version, I can't report bugs :(. Strange. Even pathetic because it's a serious bug.

oleg0k
Devart Team

Post by oleg0k » Tue 23 Feb 2021 09:14

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our product and for your contribution to its development.
If you have any questions about our products, don't hesitate to contact us - we will do our best to help you.

wbr, Oleg
Devart Team