ODBC for Dynamics unable to insert/update/delete

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
MarkLeavesley

ODBC for Dynamics unable to insert/update/delete

Post by MarkLeavesley » Tue 06 Oct 2020 08:41

This is a bit weird but after I got the connection working I found I couldn't insert, delete or update anything, select works though. I have confirmed I am logging in as the administrator and it is the same login we use for development so there are definitely no permission problems.

Not a huge issue as I'm doing the inserts via ADF but for adhoc testing of the generated SQL it would be useful.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: ODBC for Dynamics unable to insert/update/delete

Post by MaximG » Wed 07 Oct 2020 19:32

Our driver doesn't have any limitations on insert/update/delete operations, the issue is propably caused by something else. What error are you getting while attempting to update data?

MarkLeavesley

Post by MarkLeavesley » Thu 08 Oct 2020 07:17

The error varies:

Code: Select all

Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "x" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
Msg 7343, Level 16, State 4, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "x" could not UPDATE table "[x]...[contact]". Unknown provider error.

Code: Select all

Msg 7344, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "x" could not INSERT INTO table "[x]...[contact]" because of column "contactid". The user did not have permission to write to the column.
I've also had one about columns that I can't currently reproduce.

Using the exact same login details in ADF and I have no problems at all.

If you're driver is using the TDS endpoint that might be the issue as I've heard that it's been shutdown owing to security concerns, though as I say, I can SELECT just fine so mine appears to still be running.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 13 Oct 2020 09:09

Our driver doesn't use the TDS endpoint. If you're not able to modify your data in Dynamics CRM using our driver, please describe the exact steps to reproduce the issue. You may use the contact form on our site: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html