ODBC driver for Sybase ASE

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
w_tam

ODBC driver for Sybase ASE

Post by w_tam » Mon 18 May 2020 19:43

Hi,

I just downloaded the trial for the ODBC driver for Sybase ASE. I am trying to connect to Sybase ASE 11.9.2. I created the ODBC profile. When I connect to the database, I can see from the database processes that a connection was established. However, Windows ODBC freezes when testing the connection. I also tried using other software to connect using the ODBC driver and that freezes as well. Is there something else I need to set up for this to work? I want to make sure I get it to work before purchasing. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: ODBC driver for Sybase ASE

Post by Stellar » Thu 21 May 2020 08:56

Thank you for your interest in our products.
Please check whether the connection to the server is blocked by antivirus software or a firewall.
Also, please check the connectivity to the server using the Interactive SQL utility.

w_tam

Post by w_tam » Fri 22 May 2020 21:48

Stellar wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 08:56 Thank you for your interest in our products.
Please check whether the connection to the server is blocked by antivirus software or a firewall.
Also, please check the connectivity to the server using the Interactive SQL utility.
Hi Stellar,
Thanks for your response. I can "connect" to the server since I can see the connection on the Sybase processes that a connection has been established with Devart ODBC. However, the software I use with the ODBC driver just freezes. I can also use an old Sybase native driver to connect so I know the PC can see and connect to the server. Any ideas what else I can try?
Thank you so much for your help.
Wendy

Stellar
Devart Team

Post by Stellar » Tue 26 May 2020 06:34

To investigate this behavior of ODBC driver for Sybase ASE, we need a trace file from the ODBC Administrator utility.
To obtain it, please do the following:

- run the ODBC Administrator utility and navigate to the "Tracing" tab
- specify the path to the log file and its name (for example, DEVART.LOG)
- click the "Start Trace" button
- open the DSN configuration window of our driver and test the connection using the "Test Connection" button
- perform the actions that lead to the error

Send us the obtained log file DEVART.LOG to us. You can send the file using the contact form at our site: devart.com/company/contactform.html