Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
LandShark

Cannot load library: libiodbcinst.dylib

Post by LandShark » Thu 09 Apr 2020 17:29

Macbook Mojave Version 10.14.6
Excel for Mac Version 16.24
SQLite3 database
Devart ODBC Driver for SQLite

Test of ODBC in Excel returns error HY000 [Devart][ODBC][SQLite]Cannot load library: libiodbcinst.dylib.

Driver Setup
Driver Name: Devart ODBC Driver for SQLite
Driver File: /usr/local/lib/libdevartodbcsqlite.dylib

Keywords: Direct True Database /Users/ddharm/Documents/defects

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Cannot load library: libiodbcinst.dylib

Post by MaximG » Mon 13 Apr 2020 08:18

The library libiodbcinst.dylib is not distributed with our product, it is part of iODBC Driver Manager. Please make sure you've correctly installed the driver manager in your environment before installing and using our driver.

joanging

Post by joanging » Tue 14 Apr 2020 03:07

I see that you always post the same reply when people ask this question. I am having the same error. I installed iODBC Driver Manager prior to installing your driver, just as you instruct. It works just fine. When I test the connection in iODBC Driver Manager (my system required the 64-bit version), it passes the test. When I test the same connection in Excel, it fails with the same error message this user posted. Clearly there are some instructions missing. Can you please provide more than this generic answer and help people troubleshoot? We are paying for your product, and you have built it in a way that is dependent on another product. You need to be able to help people use it , even if that means troubleshooting a dependency.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 16 Apr 2020 15:32

We are dedicated to helping our users to solve any problem they may encounter when using our products. In the event that an issue is caused by the functionality of our products, we provide exact instructions on how to resolve it.
See our documentation for a possible solution to this issue: https://www.devart.com/odbc/sqlite/docs ... -macos.htm