PostgreSQL ODBC driver "ignore server certificate"

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
jkorabelnikov

PostgreSQL ODBC driver "ignore server certificate"

Post by jkorabelnikov » Sun 29 Mar 2020 21:02

Hi, trying to use the PostgreSQL ODBC MacOS driver (I'm on Catalina with iODBC) with PostgreSQL 12 (running in Heroku) and I can almost get it to connect. I get. Here's the error message I get:

HY000 [Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL]The certificate is not trusted by the trust provider

Looking at https://www.devart.com/odbc/postgresql/docs/ssl.htm, there are 3 checkboxes - "Ignore Server Certificate Validity", "Ignore Server Certificate Constraints", and "Trust Server Certificate".

I think that if I can configure some combination of these 3 in my odbc.ini I can get this to work. Are there ODBC connection string / configuration parameters for these options?

Thank you!

P.S. To share the larger context - I am trying to get MacOS Tableau Desktop to connect to PSQL 12. And the native Tableau drivers don't work with PSQL 12.

oleg0k
Devart Team

Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver "ignore server certificate"

Post by oleg0k » Tue 31 Mar 2020 15:39

Hello,

You're probably using self-signed certificates, i.e. certificates that are not issued by a certificate authority (CA). If you'd like the client to trust such certificates, you can either specify the certificate issued by a CA or you can set the option "Trust Server Certificate" to True.
"Trust Server Certificate=True" in your connection string

wbr, Oleg
DAC Team