HELP MONGO ODBC AUTH is the problem.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
neipia

HELP MONGO ODBC AUTH is the problem.

Post by neipia » Tue 17 Mar 2020 07:26

Help.

I am having trouble with MONGODB ODBC authentication.

When connecting to ODBC
SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication is used.

I set it up in many ways, but I can't access the authentication.

ex) connection options = serverSelectionTimeoutMS=5000&connectTimeoutMS=10000&authSource=MTLINKi&authMechanism=SCRAM-SHA-1

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: HELP MONGO ODBC AUTH is the problem.

Post by ViktorV » Tue 17 Mar 2020 09:29

Please download the nightly build of ODBC Driver for MongoDB at https://download.devart.com/dac/DevartO ... 2_2020.exe. Enter the value

Code: Select all

serverSelectionTimeoutMS=5000&connectTimeoutMS=10000&authSource=MTLINKi&authMechanism=SCRAM-SHA-1
in the "Connection options" field and try to connect to the server. If this doesn't help, please send us the complete error message.

neipia

Post by neipia » Wed 18 Mar 2020 02:02

DRIVER=Devart ODBC Driver for MongoDB;Description=Devart ODC Driver for MongoDB;Data Source=127.0.0.1;Database=soft;Client Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\ODBC\MongoDB\Win32\libmongoc-1.0.dll;BSON Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\ODBC\MongoDB\Win32\libbson-1.0.dll

As source above, the table is called normally without authentication.

DRIVER=Devart ODBC Driver for MongoDB;Description=Devart ODC Driver for MongoDB;Data Source=172.0.0.1;Database=MT;User ID=aabb;Password=aabb;Client Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\ODBC\MongoDB\Win32\libmongoc-1.0.dll;BSON Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\ODBC\MongoDB\Win32\libbson-1.0.dll;Connection Options="authMechanism=SCRAM-SHA-1"

The connection is made from the source above, but the table to be authenticated cannot be read.
However, the monodb compass connects normally.
If you go through ODBC, you will not be able to read the table.
The error message
SQLSTATE = S1000 [Devart][ODBC]{MongoDB]no such table : table name

I am connected, but I can't access the table because I can't authenticate.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 18 Mar 2020 14:29

In order for us to be able to give you a detailed answer, please provide a more detailed and clear description of your question: what steps should be taken to reproduce the issue; any other details that could help us diagnose the issue.
Also, please send us the contact form https://devart.com/company/contactform.html a log file containing the information on the performed operations. The log file can be obtained using the tracing mode in the ODBC Administrator utility. For this :
- close PowerBI;
- run the ODBC Administrator utility and go to the "Tracing" tab;
- specify the path to the log file and its name (for example, DEVART.LOG);
- click the "Start Trace" button;
- perform all actions that lead to the error;
- run the ODBC Administrator utility and go to the "Tracing" tab and click the "Stop Trace" button;
Send us the obtained log file DEVART.LOG