SQLite and Tableau Server on-premise

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
marklsu

SQLite and Tableau Server on-premise

Post by marklsu » Tue 20 Aug 2019 16:06

I have installed the trial of the SQLite ODBC driver on both my desktop and Tableau Server. Connecting Tableau Desktop to the SQLite database works perfectly with the driver. However, when trying the same connection from Tableau Server I get an error stating it cannot connect to the database. Here is the error message:

An error occurred while communicating with Tableau Server.

Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
Error: Unable to connect to this Tableau Server data source.
[Devart][ODBC][SQLite]disk I/O error
Generic ODBC requires additional configuration. The driver and DSN (data source name) must be installed and configured to match the connection.
Unable to connect using the DSN named "Test64". Check that the DSN exists and is a valid connection.
create.xml
DataServiceFailure
There was an error with the data source "". Verify that the data source is configured correctly.
No details available.

The DSN names are identical. Not sure what else to look at based on the message. Any insight would be appreciated.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: SQLite and Tableau Server on-premise

Post by MaximG » Fri 06 Sep 2019 14:54

Please make sure that your driver and Tableau Server are of the same bitness. Also try connecting to the driver by explicitly specifying ConnectionString rathern than using DSN.