MySQL ODBC drivers without vulnerabilities

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
filip.cevela1

MySQL ODBC drivers without vulnerabilities

Post by filip.cevela1 » Wed 07 Aug 2019 08:22

Hello,

can somebody confirm that your drivers are not using OpenSSL drivers for SSL communication and you don't have any reported vulnerabilities?
We are trying to find out some alternative drivers without any vulnerabilities.
Thanks

Filip

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: MySQL ODBC drivers without vulnerabilities

Post by Stellar » Wed 07 Aug 2019 14:26

Devart ODBC Driver for MySQL doesn't use OpenSSL to establish a secure connection to the server, we've developed our own implementation of SSL.
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our products.

filip.cevela1

Post by filip.cevela1 » Thu 08 Aug 2019 08:25

So does it mean you are not using "libmysql.dll"? It just little bit confuse me you mentioned this driver in your documentation under MySQL Connection Options:
Option: Direct - Used to work without using MySQL client library (libmysql.dll).

It saying to me that in other cases you are using this driver?

Also I would like to know if your driver need some redistribution C++ library to be installed on system or if you just include some drivers with your driver directly? We need to work only with version VS2015 and later.
Thanks

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 13 Aug 2019 12:36

Yes, our driver has the capability to establish SSL-encrypted connections to MySQL databases directly via TCP/IP avoiding MySQL Client with support for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Thank you for the information we'll remove incorrect information from our driver's documentation.
For correct operation of the driver, you only need to install it on your system.
You can download the driver from https://devart.com/odbc/mysql/download.html to evaluate its functionality and use the full-featured trial version for 30 days.