Host key not verified

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
lalbin

Host key not verified

Post by lalbin » Thu 25 Apr 2019 03:51

I am trying out the Devart ODBC Driver for PostgreSQL and am getting the "[Devart][ODBC][PostgreSQL]Host key not verified" error message.

I use A2 Hosting and have got the SSH working with Putty via their directions.
https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-st ... g-ssh-keys

When transferring the information over from Putty to the ODBC Driver, I set the Host Name, Port, Username, Client private key, Server public key, and storage path. My setup does not use a password, but I have tied it both ways and it does not make a difference.

Lloyd

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Host key not verified

Post by MaximG » Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:17

The possible reason for the occured error lies in the mismatch of the public key that you specify in the
"Server public key" property tohether with a public key that is used by the SSH server itself. The value of the "Storage path" parameter indicates the folder in which the 'known host keys' will be saved by default.
If you do not specify the "Server public key" value, then the public key will be saved in the folder specified in the "Storage path" when you will try to connect to the SSH server.

lalbin

Post by lalbin » Thu 25 Apr 2019 15:06

That was the answer.

I deleted the contents of the Storage path and then deleted the public key and re-tested. Everything then worked.

Many Thanks.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 26 Apr 2019 05:43

We are glad to see the problem resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning our product usage.