Error with Salesforce odbc driver when try to join Contract, Order and OrderItem Standard objects

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
debra

Error with Salesforce odbc driver when try to join Contract, Order and OrderItem Standard objects

Post by debra » Fri 08 Jun 2018 16:17

We are evaluating the Devart ODBC driver for Salesforce to use with Crystal Reports.
Using Devart Salesforce ODBC driver and Crystal Reports XI.
Trying to join standard saleforce objects Contract, Order and OrderItem. Using Inner joins and standard salesforce ID fields.
Report joining Contract and Order works fine. When I add OrderItem object and fields I get the following popup error:
"Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Details: HY000:[Devart][ODBC][Salesforce] Unable to cast object of type 'Devart.Data.Expressions.SqlJoin' to type
'Devart.Data.Expressions.SqlTable'"

I was also able to create a report that joined Order and OrderItem objects without the Contract object.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Error with Salesforce odbc driver when try to join Contract, Order and OrderItem Standard objects

Post by MaximG » Mon 11 Jun 2018 13:58

We will investigate the issue according to your description. For this, please provide the exact text of the SQL query using which you link the required tables in Crystal Reports

debra

Re: Error with Salesforce odbc driver when try to join Contract, Order and OrderItem Standard objects

Post by debra » Thu 28 Jun 2018 21:06

I updated the join types in the setup and it is working now.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 29 Aug 2018 12:15

We are glad to see the problem resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning our driver usage.