Salesforce ODBC - Call Failed String Data Right Truncated

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
jmauras

Salesforce ODBC - Call Failed String Data Right Truncated

Post by jmauras » Thu 24 May 2018 17:23

I'm attempting to do a simple join with 2 tables using the ODBC Connector in MS Access. I receive the following error.

ODBC--call failed.
[Devart][ODBC]String data, right-truncated(#0)

Tables by themselves work just fine however joining has always been an issue. Thanks in advance.

Access SQL:
SELECT Opportunity.CreatedById, User.Id, User.LastName, User.FirstName
FROM [User] INNER JOIN Opportunity ON User.Id = Opportunity.CreatedById;

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Salesforce ODBC - Call Failed String Data Right Truncated

Post by MaximG » Fri 25 May 2018 11:24

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and fixed the bug. The fix will be included in the next build of our product. Currently, we can send you a night build of ODBC Driver for Salesforce with the fix. For this, please send a request via the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

jmauras

Post by jmauras » Tue 29 May 2018 15:50

Hello and thank you for your reply.
I contacted support for the night build and was able to install it. However, I am still experiencing the same issue. Any ideas? Thank you.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 31 May 2018 13:57

Thank you for providing the information. Unfortunately, we still cannot reproduce the issue. For further issue investigation please send us a log file containing the information on the performed operations. For this, perform the following operations using the driver night build sent to you. The log file can be obtained using the tracing mode in the ODBC Administrator utility. For this :

- run the ODBC Administrator utility and go to the "Tracing" tab
- specify the path to the log file and its name (for example, DEVARTSF.LOG)
- click the "Start Trace" button
- open the DSN configuration window of our driver and test the connection using the "Test Connection" button
- run Microsoft Access and perform the actions that lead to the error

Send us the obtained log file DEVARTSF.LOG For this, please send a request via the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)