Issues with PHP and ODBC xBase

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
SoN9ne

Issues with PHP and ODBC xBase

Post by SoN9ne » Thu 29 Mar 2018 01:44

I am testing this out for a project that uses VisualFoxPro (9). I am not able to get this working for PHP5.4. If all goes well, I plan to update PHP but until then I need 5.4 to use ADODB for foxpro but I digress...

Everything installed fine without an issue. I setup the ODBC and ran a test connection and everything was fine.

I tested it out, using my script below, and it wanted a .CDX file (I only used .dbf for the adodb system. I am hoping this will be much faster than that). I then downloaded the entire foxpro folder and updated my content with this fresh dump. I had to reboot my computer due to a non-related issue and now when I click test, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 000007FEF2C6A056 in module 'odbc32.dll'. Read of address 000000000000000000
When running my PHP script, I get:

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Devart][ODBC][xBase]Error: FileStream.Size 0, readed 0, SQL state 08001 in SQLConnect in M:\__LOCATION__\public_html\_cron\test.php on line 6
I'm posting this here as I continue to look for the issue. Hoping it's something trivial but I wanted to make note.

I have tested using:

DBF Format=FoxPro2;
and

DBF Format=VisualFoxPro
and I get the same errors.

My script:

$dsn = 'DRIVER={Devart ODBC Driver for xBase};Database=M:\__LOCATION__\public_html\_cache\VP10\PRAXIS\;DBF Format=VisualFoxPro;Code Page=UnitedStatesOEM;Connect Mode=Exlusive';
    $conn = odbc_connect($dsn, '', '');
    if (false === $conn) {
        die('ODBC Connection Failed');
    }
    $sql = "SELECT custno, company FROM arcust01 WHERE company <> '' ORDER BY custno;";
    $rs=odbc_exec($conn,$sql);

while (odbc_fetch_row($rs)) {
        $custno=odbc_result($rs,"custno");
        $company=odbc_result($rs,"company");
        echo '<ul>';
        echo '<li>';
        echo "<strong>{$custno}: </strong>";
        echo $company;
        echo '</li>';
        echo '</ul>';
    }

exit();

I also want to make note that when I used just the alias:

$conn = odbc_connect('Praxis', '', '');
I get the error:

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application, SQL state IM014 in SQLConnect in M:\__LOCATION__\public_html\_cron\test.php on line 50
ODBC Connection Failed
I am using Windows 7 64bit (obviously php5.4 is running as 32bit) but this will be installed on Windows Server 2008 (possibly the latest version if not that) when it goes into production.

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Issues with PHP and ODBC xBase

Post by azyk » Thu 29 Mar 2018 09:10

Please use the contact form at our site: https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html and send us the arcust01 table files ( arcust01.dbf and arcust01.cdx ) to reproduce the issue.