bigcommerce odbc error creating linked server in SSMS 2017

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
tfsmag

bigcommerce odbc error creating linked server in SSMS 2017

Post by tfsmag » Tue 20 Mar 2018 00:04

The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "BIGCOMMERCE" reported an error. Access denied.
Cannot obtain the required interface ("IID_IDBSchemaRowset") from OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "BIGCOMMERCE". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7399)

I unchecked 'Allow inprocess' for MSDASQL. If I use windows authentication to connect to my local sql server, it gives me the above error. If I use SQL auth then it tells me that it can't connect, gives me this message.

The linked server has been created but failed a connection test. Do you want to keep the linked server?

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot create an instance of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "BIGCOMMERCE". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7302)

I'd really like to test this to help us out with an ecommerce migration to bigcommerce. The SQL instance I have locally is sql 2012 express.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: bigcommerce odbc error creating linked server in SSMS 2017

Post by MaximG » Tue 20 Mar 2018 15:46

Please, use SQL Server Authentication instead of Windows Authentication and try running NT SERVICE\MSSQLSERVER under your Windows user name