Quickbooks ODBC Usage with Excel or Dbeaver

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
lmorrow

Quickbooks ODBC Usage with Excel or Dbeaver

Post by lmorrow » Thu 08 Mar 2018 17:47

Hello,
I've successfully installed the DevArt ODBC driver for QuickBooks, and have it authorized with the QB company, so I have the access token fields populated and saved. I'm unsure how to proceed in Dbeaver tool, though in Excel when I attempt to start a new connection using MS Query, I find the DevArt driver, but when I try to connect to it, I get a "Access Token Cannot be Null" message, though the token is indeed populated. I'm evaluating the driver to see if it will work consistently, hoping to use for Excel or Dbeaver. Thank you,

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Quickbooks ODBC Usage with Excel or Dbeaver

Post by MaximG » Mon 12 Mar 2018 15:40

The "Access Token Cannot be Null" message indicates that the mandatory parameter "Access Token" is not filled in when configuring the DSN with our driver. Check the value of this parameter (and also the mandatory parameters "Company Id", "Access Token Secret", "Consumer Key", "Consumer Key Secret" : [url]https://www.devart.com/odbc/quickb ... _conne.htm[/url] ) and test the connection to the cloud service using the "Test Connection" button. Set the "Save Token & Keys" option to save the value of the received parameters