MySQL ODBC performance in SSIS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
sqlrunner

MySQL ODBC performance in SSIS

Post by sqlrunner » Wed 22 Nov 2017 17:49

I tried using the MySQL odbc driver and found the performance incredibly slow when using the component in SSDT 2015 (This is SSIS). To be honest I found little difference between the MySQL odbc driver provided by Devart and the one provided by MySQL. Is there a setting I am missing or a better way to connect to MySQL?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: MySQL ODBC performance in SSIS

Post by ViktorV » Fri 24 Nov 2017 10:56

Please specify whether you are using our driver for importing and exporting data to MySQL.
In order to investigate the issue, please send to us scripts for creating and filling in the database object.

sqlrunner

Post by sqlrunner » Fri 24 Nov 2017 18:27

Sorry about that. I am importing data into MySQL. I am using the odbc driver from within SSIS (SSDT 2015) as an odbc destination component. The table being inserted into has 5 columns, one of which has an autoincrement on it. I am using batch mode (from within the SSIS component).

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 03 Jan 2018 13:00

We significantly improved the performance of Devart ODBC Driver for MySQL when working with SSIS and using batch mode. This improvement will be included in the next build of Devart ODBC Driver for MySQL.