Netsuite ODBC - Linked Server Error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
rajasaab

Netsuite ODBC - Linked Server Error

Post by rajasaab » Thu 25 May 2017 18:34

hello

I have followed the steps in the documentation and created the Linked Server with MSSQL. I was able to create the Linked Server but when i expand the tables i get the following error

----------------------------------------
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------
Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "NETSUITE" reported an error. Access denied.
Cannot obtain the required interface ("IID_IDBSchemaRowset") from OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "NETSUITE". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7399)

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Netsuite ODBC - Linked Server Error

Post by MaximG » Fri 26 May 2017 11:52

Please specify:

a) What account does the 'SQL Server' service run (LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK_SERVICE, etc.) ?
b) What authentication type are you using: SQL Server : Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication?

In our test environment we use Linked Server when working with SQL Server Authentication, and the disabled "Allow inprocess" option : (from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, navigate to Linked Servers > Providers and Right click on MSDASQL). Please check whether this option is disabled in the provider settings of your server