SQL Server Linked Server to Firebird ODBC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
sylvain.roy

SQL Server Linked Server to Firebird ODBC

Post by sylvain.roy » Fri 24 Mar 2017 18:01

I am having problems trying to create a Linked server on an SQL Server.
I created a system DSN both on the server and the client machine I am using:
Imagehttps://goo.gl/DkGbFi

The Test Connection works.

The script to create the linked server is as follows:

Code: Select all

EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver @server = N'CHAINDRIVE', @srvproduct=N'Chaindrive', @provider=N'MSDASQL', @provstr=N'Dsn=ChainDrive;Driver=Devart ODBC Driver for Firebird;Data Source=192.168.99.47;User ID=sysdba;Password=*********;Client Library=C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\ODBC\Firebird\fbclient.dll;Database=d:\Multidev\gdb creation\SV1020_012HOIMP BR.GBB'
 /* For security reasons the linked server remote logins password is changed with ######## */
EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedsrvlogin @rmtsrvname=N'CHAINDRIVE',@useself=N'False',@locallogin=NULL,@rmtuser=NULL,@rmtpassword=NULL
When testing the connection of the Linked Server, I always get
Imagehttps://goo.gl/1PXgKe

Any idea what I am missing?
Last edited by sylvain.roy on Thu 06 Apr 2017 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: SQL Server Linked Server to Firebird ODBC

Post by ViktorV » Fri 31 Mar 2017 12:47

Unfortunately the attached images are not displayed. Please, attach them again and make sure that they are displayed.

sylvain.roy

Post by sylvain.roy » Thu 06 Apr 2017 17:43

I've included the link to the images... it does not seem to work with the [img] tag... ?

Thanks for helping

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 07 Apr 2017 13:56

This error can occur if you created ODBC User DSN (using the User DSN tab) and did not create System DSN (using the System DSN tab). Please, try to create System DSN and recreate linked server.

sylvain.roy

Post by sylvain.roy » Fri 07 Apr 2017 15:54

Thank you Viktor. I have configured a System DSN both on the SQL server itself as well as the machine where I am creating and using the linked server. Recreated the linked server and got the same error message; any other idea?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 12 Apr 2017 10:19

Also, please make sure that for ODBC Driver for Firebird configuration when using a 32-bit version of SQL Server you are using a 32-bit version of "Data Source (ODBC)" (which is located %windir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe). Correspondingly, for ODBC Driver for Firebird configuration when using a 64-bit version of SQL Server - a 64-bit version of "Data Source (ODBC)" is used and located %windir%\system32\odbcad32.exe.