Help to connect to SQL Server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding EntityDAC
robertfg

Help to connect to SQL Server

Post by robertfg » Fri 19 Jun 2020 01:06

Hi, just installed EntityDAC express version and I'm struggling to connect to MS SQL SERVER.

When trying to use EntityDAC.DataProvider.SDAC I get next error:
[DCC Fatal Error] EntityDAC.DataProvider.SDAC.pas(9): F1026 File not found: 'MSTransaction.dcu'
When trying EntityDAC.DataProvider.UniDAC
[DCC Fatal Error] EntityDAC.DataProvider.UniDAC.pas(12): F1026 File not found: 'Uni.dcu'
If using EntityDAC.DataProvider.ADO it compiles, but then on the connect line I get:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Documentation states that one should compile connection projects that are copied on directory %ProgramFiles%\Devart\EntityDAC\Sources\

But there's only .PAS files installed, don't know if I should do something else with that files.

Also if it helps, I have SDAC standard licensed, is there a way to use that component as Connection?

thanks in advance

--
Robert F

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Help to connect to SQL Server

Post by MaximG » Mon 27 Jul 2020 11:28

1. To use EntityDAC.DataProvider.SDAC with SDAC Standard Edition, remove the module MSTransaction from the USES section of EntityDAC.DataProvider.SDAC.pas.
2. To work EntityDAC.DataProvider.UniDAC, you should have UniDAC installed.
3. Please give us an example of a connection string where you're getting the error "Data source name not found and no default driver specified".