Run entity setters and validations from a TEntityDataSet

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding EntityDAC
niton_dev

Run entity setters and validations from a TEntityDataSet

Post by niton_dev » Thu 13 Sep 2018 12:12

I'm evaluating EntityDac.

I would like to know how to make the entity property setter run when a value of an EntityDataSet field is modified.

I would also like to know what strategy to perform validation rules for a given entity before the data is sent to the database when the SaveOnPost property of EntityDataSet is turned on or when SubmitChanges is called in context.

If I modify the values directly in the entity, everything works fine, but when I need to use an EntityDataSet, everything seems to follow a different path.

I need to use the EntityDataSet for controls that do not support LiveBinds, such as devexpress.

Additional info: Im using Attribute-mapped objects

niton_dev

Re: Run entity setters and validations from a TEntityDataSet

Post by niton_dev » Mon 17 Sep 2018 12:08

Could anyone help?
Not a good start considering I'm evaluating this product. I opened a ticket on this subject and until now I got no answer.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Run entity setters and validations from a TEntityDataSet

Post by MaximG » Thu 20 Sep 2018 06:41

Attribute-mapped objects have certain limitations comparing to the Code Mapped Entities available in our product. We will consider the issue of overcoming some of these limitations, and especially those listed in your description. For a detailed and complete analysis of the issue, please compose and send us a sample that demonstrates the Attribute-mapped issues which you encountered when developing your application. In addition, we will need the model used in this sample. Please use the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)
to send us a composed sample