Visual Query Builder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding EntityDAC
radub

Visual Query Builder

Post by radub » Mon 05 Mar 2018 12:06

Hello,

Does DEVART has a visual tool to be added to Delphi XE5 which help building and designing sql queries for end users?

Thank you

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Visual Query Builder

Post by MaximG » Wed 07 Mar 2018 08:09

Please specify what exactly you mean by designing sql queries for EntityDAC. Maybe you mean other Devart DAC products
(UniDAC, ODAC, SDAC, etc.). Please note that the functionality you are interested in is present in the product line of our dbForge Studio products : devart.com/dbforge/
If the described functionality is required in DAC products, you can leave your suggestions at our UserVoice page
( https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... components ), and if there are many votes for your suggestion, we will implement it.

radub

Post by radub » Thu 15 Mar 2018 09:50

Hello,

Sorry being so late.
I think this post would have been better placed in the UnDAC section, but anyway...
The idea is to be able to create an application which allows an enduser to connect to a specific database system and view all tables and views and their fields; from here to be able to visually drag'n'drop these components to create queries for getting out data is interested in.
Something like the way of designing views in MS SQL Studio.

Thank you.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Mon 19 Mar 2018 09:28

Thank you for the suggestion. Currently, our DAC products support integration with the following tools:

- dbForge Studio for SQL Server
- dbForge Studio for MySQL
- dbForge Studio for Oracle

Soon we are planning to add the integration with dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL. DbForge Studio includes Query Builder, with which you can compose SQL queries as you want and use them in the Delphi application developed by you. We will take into account your wishes for further development of our products.

anykey

Post by anykey » Thu 16 Aug 2018 15:01

I think what the OP was asking for was a way to visually create some queries in the LINQ query editor.

I have to admit, I have had a number of challenges myself in trying to figure out the differences between the LINQ syntax in Delphi Code verses in the LINQ query text editor.

For me, it would be cool if there was an intellisense-style helper in there, so as a developer it's easier to see options as we type our queries into the editor. :-)

Thanks for listening.

ZEuS
Devart Team

Post by ZEuS » Thu 23 Aug 2018 07:03

We plan to unify the LINQ syntax used in the query editor with the one used in Delphi code. This will help to avoid differences and difficulties in writing queries. We will add this functionality in one of the next EntityDAC builds.