EntityDac trial and IBdac

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding EntityDAC
Momodjim

EntityDac trial and IBdac

Post by Momodjim » Thu 18 Sep 2014 15:19

I have delphi XE6 professional and IBdac (not UniDac). I use windows 7 64 bit.

2 questions:

1/ It seems that I cannot use Ibdac with the trial version.Is this correct ? ( I was hoping to try the tutorial with Firebird database)

2/
I tried the tutorial with Sqlite but I do not have the TLitedacEntityProvider component from EntityDacProvider.
When I try to install it manually as recommanded. I opened project LiteDacDataProvider200 and try to install it but I get the following message:Package litedac200 not found.
What am I missing ?

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: EntityDac trial and IBdac

Post by AlexP » Thu 18 Sep 2014 15:52

hello,

To connect to Firebird, you should set the following ConnectionString in TEntityConnection:

Code: Select all

Data Provider=IBDAC;SQL Dialect=InterBase/Firebird;Data Source=HOST;User ID=USERNAME;Password=PASSWD;Client Library=fbclient.dll;Database=PATH_TO_DB_FILES;Port=3050
pasting your credentials.

To work in EntityDeveloper with Firebird, you should install Firebird ADO.NET Data Provider http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/net-provider/

P.S. You can work with any of the supported databases, not depending on the used Edition of EntityDAC

Momodjim

Post by Momodjim » Sat 20 Sep 2014 18:05

hellot
thks for reply
but I still can't do this from tutorial:

In addition, if you are using UniDAC, place TUniDACDataProvider from the "EntityDAC Providers"
component palette and TSQLiteUniProvider from the "UniDAC Providers" component palette. Or, if
you are using LiteDAC - place the TLitedacEntityProvider component from the "EntityDAC Providers"
component palette

I do not have LiteDax in the component palette
I Just have
TIbdacDataProvider
TAdoDataProvider
TDbxDataProvider
TIbxDataProvider
TFireDacDataProvider

?? Can you help

Momodjim

Post by Momodjim » Sun 21 Sep 2014 09:05

Hello again

And for this:

To work in EntityDeveloper with Firebird, you should install Firebird ADO.NET Data Provider http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/net-provider/

Welle I got Firebird Ado Net ( trhough nuget and I ahd to install Visual studio !) but from ther I don' really know what to do I still can't access to a choice for Friebird Ado from EntityDevelopper

Thanks for help.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 22 Sep 2014 08:02

To work with IBDAC as with data access components, you should place the TIBDACDataProvider component onto the form (or add the EntityDAC.DataProvider.IBDAC module to the uses clause).
Try copying the FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.dll library to the EntityDeveloper folder: ..\Devart\EntityDAC\EntityDeveloper\ , and check whether the provider is selectable in EntityDeveloper.