How to build Solution with all dlls

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for DB2
rafa

How to build Solution with all dlls

Post by rafa » Thu 23 Oct 2014 12:33

Hi,

I am trying out dotConnect at the moment for future use within my company.
We have the following setup:

IBM System i Mainframe
DB2 for i
Thin clients
.NET WinForms client application

I managed to get the connection setup and I am able to use entity framework, so now I am in the last part of my trial and got stuck.
We need to build the solution in a way, that we can take all the binaries after build and deploy them to all our thin clients.
However, in Devart.Data.DB2.dll you reference IBM.Data.DB2.dll and I can't figure out which dlls I need to include in order for it to work without installing the IBM Data Server Drivers.

Could you help me out here?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you,
rafa

rafa

Re: How to build Solution with all dlls

Post by rafa » Thu 23 Oct 2014 14:26

I am seeing this exception (+ inner exception) when trying to deploy it to a PC without db2 drivers and devart installed.

The ADO.NET provider with invariant name Devart.Data.DB2 is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded.

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: How to build Solution with all dlls

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Oct 2014 11:23

rafa wrote:However, in Devart.Data.DB2.dll you reference IBM.Data.DB2.dll and I can't figure out which dlls I need to include in order for it to work without installing the IBM Data Server Drivers.
dotConnect for DB2 is a wrapper of IBM DB2 for LUW provider, so IBM.Data.DB2.dll of 9.x or higher version must be available in the folder of your application.
rafa wrote:The ADO.NET provider with invariant name Devart.Data.DB2 is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded.
Have you added the "Devart.Data.DB2" entry in the DbProviderFactories section of your app.config? Refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/db2/do ... yment.html.

Be aware that Entity Framework v6 requires additional settings in app.config:
documentation
blog article