Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for DB2, ADO.NET provider for accessing DB2 databases, based on IBM DB2 .NET Data Provider, and providing better Entity Framework support, more features for ASP.NET projects, native SSIS Source and Destination components, dbMonitor support, and other features. New version of dotConnect for DB2 offers you support for ASP.NET Identity technology.
Now, with dotConnect for DB2, you can use the latest ASP.NET user account management system and benefit from unit-testable user authentication system, social login support, OWIN integration, and other new ASP.NET Identity new features.
With dotConnect for DB2 you can easily add an implementation of Identity system via ADO.NET or Entity Framework technologies to your applications. The documentation of our provider includes detailed tutorials on how to either use standard ASP.NET Identity functionality or how to customize it for storing additional data about users.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for DB2 1.7.127 features:
- The ADO.NET implementation of ASP.NET Identity support is added
- The information message about availability of NuGet Package Manager on the workstation is added in the Entity Developer version integrated into Visual Studio
- The behaviour is changed: now paths to assemblies with attributes (Model Settings -> Model -> Attributes) are saved and used as relative paths
- The bug with generating the entities namespace in fluent mapping configuration classes is fixed
- The bug with generating DatabaseGeneratedOption.Computed for non-EntityKey properties in fluent mapping is fixed