Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for DB2, ADO.NET provider for accessing DB2 databases, based on IBM DB2 .NET Data Provider, and providing better Entity Framework support, more features for ASP.NET projects, native SSIS Source and Destination components, dbMonitor support, and other features. New dotConnect for DB2 offers you support for Visual Studio 2013 and Entity Framework v6.
Now, with dotConnect for DB2, you can use such new Entity Framework features as improved warm up time (view generation), Code-Based Configuration, Dependency Resolution, creating a DbContext with an already opened connection, etc. Our provider allows using new Entity Framework v6 Code First features: Custom Code First Conventions, Code First Mapping to Insert/Update/Delete Stored Procedures and others.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for DB2 1.6.127 features:
- Visual Studio 2013 is supported
- The behaviour is changed: installation with the /VERYSILENT install parameter will uninstall the other version of the provider without any dialog box if it is installed
- The bug with using ExtendedMembership provider in a multithreaded application is fixed
- Entity Framework 6 is supported
- The bug with IntelliSense when working with T4 Editor in Visual Studio 2012 is fixed
- The 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 versions of Entity Framework are supported
- The DB2 for Linux/Unix servers are supported in Entity Data Model Wizard and Code-First functionality
- The behaviour is changed: Entity Data Model Wizard shows a more detailed error message in case of connecting to unsupported database or using incorrect provider manifest tokens