New user questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for PostgreSQL
frosty

New user questions

Post by frosty » Mon 21 Feb 2022 02:09

Hi there,

I'm new to PostgreSQL and trying out a trial of dbForge for PostgreSQL.

I have two questions:

1) Does dbForge have an option to restore sessions so that we can pick up where we left off when we close the app? I'd expect to find that in the start up options but there isn't a "restore" option.

2) How do you delete a table in dbForge? In other SQL tools there's the option to right-click > delete. With dbForge is the only option to write a script?

Thanks.

alexa

Re: New user questions

Post by alexa » Mon 21 Feb 2022 09:00

1) Does dbForge have an option to restore sessions so that we can pick up where we left off when we close the app? I'd expect to find that in the start up options but there isn't a "restore" option.
This can be setup in the 'Options' window (select 'Tools -> Options' from the main menu) Image

2) How do you delete a table in dbForge? In other SQL tools there's the option to right-click > delete. With dbForge is the only option to write a script?
There is no such feature in dbForge. Though, we are planning to add it in one of the next product versions.

frosty

Post by frosty » Mon 21 Feb 2022 18:26

alexa wrote: Mon 21 Feb 2022 09:00
This can be setup in the 'Options' window (select 'Tools -> Options' from the main menu) Image
It looks like that will only restore specific file types? What I'm looking for is an option that will restore everything (connections, any tabs, etc.) so that I can start up my machine (after rebooting, or the next day, or whatever) and pick up exactly where left off when I shut down.

Does dbForge do that?

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 22 Feb 2022 07:57

Connections get restored automatically.

Also, you can import/export the connection list and other settings with the 'Tools -> Import and Export Settings' feature available in the main menu.

frosty

Post by frosty » Tue 22 Feb 2022 15:23

Okay, thank you.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 23 Feb 2022 12:42

Also, you may be interested that the connections are saved in the system registry:
'HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Devart -> dbForge Common Settings -> Connections -> PostgreSql'.