PostgreSQL 10 support

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for PostgreSQL
gencer

PostgreSQL 10 support

Post by gencer » Tue 06 Feb 2018 12:28

I received dbForge for PostgreSQL link. I am amazed and so happy that Devart finally have this product. I'm you next customer! But, I cannot try at the moment due to PostgreSQL version that I use.

Since PostgreSQL 10 released and its stable, we have switched all our production and development servers to PG10.1.

Beside the new features, PostgreSQL10 is compatible with Postgresql9.6 syntax. Will we ever have this support or max. supported version will be 9.6?

That would be a downside of the story. You got me on this already. Only thing that stops me is supported versions.

If PostgreSQL 10 was a beta, I would understand the case. But it is not and in fact 10.1 released, 10.2 is on the way.

gencer

Re: PostgreSQL 10 support

Post by gencer » Tue 06 Feb 2018 13:59

I've managed to install postgresql 9.6 for testing dbForge only. I've already sent few bug reports. Hope we can resolve those issues. Also it seems this is an very early release as such table edit even doesn't exists yet.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 06 Feb 2018 17:27

This server version will be supported in one of the next product versions.

The versions that are currently supported are mentioned at https://www.devart.com/dbforge/postgres ... ments.html.

gencer

Post by gencer » Tue 06 Feb 2018 19:31

alexa wrote:This server version will be supported in one of the next product versions.

The versions that are currently supported are mentioned at https://www.devart.com/dbforge/postgres ... ments.html.
Thanks, Alexa.

Just curiosity, Is there any ETA for at least an usable beta/test? As far as I investigate the current version, there are still hundreds of features that should be implemented to be usable. I'll be happy If I can know at least a timeframe (no need for an exact date).

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 06 Feb 2018 20:02

The timeframe for the release is about one month.

gencer

Post by gencer » Tue 06 Feb 2018 20:32

alexa wrote:The timeframe for the release is about one month.
Awesome!

If there is a new beta build than current one to test it, please let me know. I'll be happy to test deeply and report back.

Gencer.