Error when running LINQ queries

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of LINQ Insight, Visual Studio add-in for design-time executing LINQ statements, that simplifies debugging LINQ
ShaneFitz

Error when running LINQ queries

Post by ShaneFitz » Thu 14 Nov 2019 15:41

Hi I am evaluating using LINQ Insight with VS2019. Whenever I attempt to run a query I receive the following error:

Parameter name: syntaxTrees
Type: System.ArgumentException
Source: Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp
Site: CommonLanguageVersion
Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation.CommonLanguageVersion(ImmutableArray`1 syntaxTrees)
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation..ctor(String assemblyName, CSharpCompilationOptions options, ImmutableArray`1 references, CSharpCompilation previousSubmission, Type submissionReturnType, Type hostObjectType, Boolean isSubmission, ReferenceManager referenceManager, Boolean reuseReferenceManager, SyntaxAndDeclarationManager syntaxAndDeclarations, IReadOnlyDictionary`2 features, AsyncQueue`1 eventQueue)
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation..ctor(String assemblyName, CSharpCompilationOptions options, ImmutableArray`1 references, CSharpCompilation previousSubmission, Type submissionReturnType, Type hostObjectType, Boolean isSubmission, ReferenceManager referenceManager, Boolean reuseReferenceManager, SyntaxAndDeclarationManager syntaxAndDeclarations, AsyncQueue`1 eventQueue)
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation.Update(ReferenceManager referenceManager, Boolean reuseReferenceManager, SyntaxAndDeclarationManager syntaxAndDeclarations)
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation.AddSyntaxTrees(IEnumerable`1 trees)
at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation.CommonAddSyntaxTrees(IEnumerable`1 trees)
at lwbFPyXmkMu3Ua0YJQ.vILkmhsnM5AwjsRPcP.CompileInternal(ExecutionBlock , String , String , CancellationToken , CompilerErrorCollection& )
at Devart.LinqInsight.Implementation.QueryExecutor.A6sc5yaNXB()
at Devart.LinqInsight.Implementation.QueryExecutor.qNajypvdy()
at Devart.LinqInsight.Implementation.QueryExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<StartNewTask>b__0()

I have disabled IntelliTrace and disabled my ReSharper extension but nothing seems to help? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Error when running LINQ queries

Post by Shalex » Sat 16 Nov 2019 18:29

Thank you for your report. We have reproduced the issue and are investigating it.

JIC: specify your ORM (e.g. Entity Framework 6.2) and C# Language version used in your project (how to check)

Paul_Ibis

Post by Paul_Ibis » Sun 16 Feb 2020 23:04

I am seeing the same error.
What was the resolution for this ?
If I go in to the settings in Visual Studio 2019, you cannot change the language version since it is disabled and set to "Automatically selected based on framework version". I am using .NET Framework 4.7.2
There is a whole discussion here about why you can't change it and if this is a bug https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/dotnet ... ge-version but my question is, if I have to manually set the language version in the .csproj file, what should it be to get your component to work ?
There is currently no

Code: Select all

<LangVersion>
element in the csproj file

InfoAsUsual

Post by InfoAsUsual » Thu 20 Feb 2020 17:32

Receives the same message and can therefore not use the product I just upgraded and licensed. I have used the software two years ago and then no problems. This feels very strange to have to end up here and that Devart confirms the error on November 16, it is over three months ago.

Describe how you think - I will demand a full refund if it does not resolve immediately.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 25 Feb 2020 19:57

The bug with throwing "Inconsistent language versions" in VS 2017 and VS 2019 is fixed. We will notify you when the new public build is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:06

LINQ Insight v3.7.15 is released.

cqueb

Post by cqueb » Sat 29 Feb 2020 16:34

Hello,

Many bugs with new version and compatibility with VS 2019. Fixs a bug and throw another. This new build 3.7.15 now throw the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", because now LINQ Insight is attempting to use a null object. I'm testing this product, the screen shots are beatiful but... never has works for me, never! :/

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 03 Mar 2020 13:02

cqueb wrote: Sat 29 Feb 2020 16:34Many bugs with new version and compatibility with VS 2019. Fixs a bug and throw another. This new build 3.7.15 now throw the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", because now LINQ Insight is attempting to use a null object.
Thank you for your report, but we cannot reproduce the error at the moment. We have asked for additional information by email.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 18 Mar 2020 19:30

The bug with using namespaces for the collections being created when running LINQ to Objects queries is fixed. Please upgrade to LINQ Insight v3.7.16.