All LINQ query always give error on CTRL-Shift-R

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of LINQ Insight, Visual Studio add-in for design-time executing LINQ statements, that simplifies debugging LINQ
ionican

All LINQ query always give error on CTRL-Shift-R

Post by ionican » Tue 30 Sep 2014 06:23

I'm running LINQ Insight against vb.net linq queries in VS2013 - I find myself unable to run ANY linq query - I always get an error:

Code: Select all

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Source: ICSharpCode.Decompiler
Site: VisitCastExpression
Stack Trace: 
	at ICSharpCode.Decompiler.Ast.Transforms.ReplaceMethodCallsWithOperators.VisitCastExpression(CastExpression castExpression, Object data)
	at ICSharpCode.NRefactory.CSharp.CastExpression.AcceptVisitor[T,S](IAstVisitor`2 visitor, T data)
	at ICSharpCode.NRefactory.CSharp.DepthFirstAstVisitor`2.VisitChildren(AstNode node, T data)
	at ICSharpCode.Decompiler.Ast.Transforms.ReplaceMethodCallsWithOperators.VisitInvocationExpression(InvocationExpression invocationExpression, Object data)
	at ICSharpCode.NRefactory.CSharp.InvocationExpression.AcceptVisitor[T,S](IAstVisitor`2 visitor, T data)
	at ICSharpCode.NRefactory.CSharp.DepthFirstAstVisitor`2.VisitChildren(AstNode node, T data)

etc
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: All LINQ query always give error on CTRL-Shift-R

Post by MariiaI » Tue 30 Sep 2014 12:10

Please specify the following details:
- the LINQ query you are trying to run;
- the ORM Framework you are working with (if it is EF, specify its version);
- the type of the project;
- if possible, send us a small test project with which the issue could be reproduced, etc.

JIC: LINQ Insight does not fully support VB at the moment because of limitations of ICSharpCode.NRefactory.VB.