Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server.

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of LINQ Insight, Visual Studio add-in for design-time executing LINQ statements, that simplifies debugging LINQ
gdemartini

Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server.

Post by gdemartini » Mon 24 Feb 2014 14:02

Whenever I try to run the application with the profiler started, I get this error message: "Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server.".

I'm using LINQ Insight v3.2.341, VS2013 Ultimate, Windows8 64bit.

Does/should LINQ Insight support this environment? Am I missing any steps? Is there a workaround or a fix is needed?

Thanks
Giovani

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Unable to launch the IIS Express Web server.

Post by MariiaI » Thu 27 Feb 2014 10:57

We couldn't reproduce this issue in our environment with the latest build of LINQ Insight. Please send us a small test project, with which this issue is reproducible so that we are able to investigate it in more details.
Please also send us the full stack trace of the error you are getting. For example, by attaching one Visual Studio instance (Debug | Attach to Process) to the process of another Visual Studio instance with the project, where the error occurs. Before attaching don't forget to apply the following settings in your Visual Studio:
a) in the (Debug | Exceptions) window select Common Language Runtime Exceptions;
b) in the (Tools | Options) window, Debugging | General - clear Enable Just My Code (Managed Only).

Looking forward to your reply.