Cannot Execue LINQ Query

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of LINQ Insight, Visual Studio add-in for design-time executing LINQ statements, that simplifies debugging LINQ
felix1000

Cannot Execue LINQ Query

Post by felix1000 » Tue 18 Jun 2013 04:04

Hi,
I have just downloaded LINQ Insight. However, I cannot Execute the Query which query from Entity Framework 5.0 The Error is the following:
No connection string named '<Connection Name>' could be found in the application config file.

But the Connection String is in the app.Config in the Both MainUI Project and Entity Framework Project.
In addition, The Program is runnable. Therefore, I think the Connection String Setting should be OK.
Therefore, I try to Edit the Connection String. However, the button is Disabled.

Any suggestion in order to help me???

Thank you very much.

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Cannot Execue LINQ Query

Post by MariiaI » Wed 19 Jun 2013 04:53

No connection string named '<Connection Name>' could be found in the application config file.
We couldn't reproduce this issue with the latest build of LINQ Insight 3.0.264. Please, provide us with a small test project, with which this error could be reproduced.
Therefore, I try to Edit the Connection String. However, the button is Disabled.
Please make sure that there is a constructor with a "string connectionString" parameter in your *.Designer.cs file, e.g.:

Code: Select all

public SCOTTEntities(string connectionString) : 
                base(connectionString, "SCOTTEntities")
        {
            this.ContextOptions.LazyLoadingEnabled = true;
            OnContextCreated();
        }