CheckMode (again)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ValgardurGudjonsson

CheckMode (again)

Post by ValgardurGudjonsson » Tue 27 Sep 2022 10:46

I had a similar problem a few years ago, never found an acceptable solution and programmed a workaround for the most critical situations, which are getting more frequent.
According to the documentation (in https://docs.devart.com/odac/devart.oda ... ckmode.htm)

Code: Select all

Checking records is useful in creating concurrent multi-user applications. Set CheckMode to specify what action to take when another user makes modifications to a record. TOraDataSet first refetches record values and compares them with those of a client.
I have two applications, AppA opens a record for editing, holds it open, AppB modifies Field1 in the same record, AppA then confirms changes to Field2 in the same record. Now Field1 value changes from AppB are overwritten by the value in AppA, I would expect an exception.
In short, it appears not to work properly.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: CheckMode (again)

Post by MaximG » Tue 04 Oct 2022 14:19

We've tested the CheckMode property using ODACDemo (included with the examples provided with ODAC) and unfortunately were unable to reproduce the situation you described