Grid column events are blocked when query has no update after upgrading ODAC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
llozes

Grid column events are blocked when query has no update after upgrading ODAC

Post by llozes » Wed 30 Mar 2022 10:02

Hello,

We recently migrated from ODAC 6.25.2.14 to 11.2.5 due to a database change.
Most things seem to work, but I found a behaviour change while using grids (DevExpress).

In the previous versions, when I had a grid connected to a TOraQuery, even if the query had no SQL in the update section, the grid events worked. Now it seems that grid is blocked if an update query is not provided.

My use case is the following: I have a table with the different environments we use internally (let's say ENVIRONMENTS), and another table that indicates if a company has access to that environment (COMPANY_ENVIRONMENT).

What I had until now was a SELECT from ENVIRONMENTS and with an OUTER JOIN to COMPANY_ENVIRONMENT, and when a row was found in COMPANY_ENVIRONMENT, there was a decode to a SELECTED field (true if a row was found in COMPANY_ENVIRONMENT, false if not).
I then had a column in the grid linked to the SELECTED field, with an onChange event associated to it. When the event was called, if the checkbox was selected, I made an insert to COMPANY_ENVIRONMENT, if it was unchecked, a DELETE, and then a refresh.

This was probably not the best way of doing it, but it worked, and the user could manage the relationship between both tables with a checkbox. Now, if no update is provided in the query, the checkbox event isn't even called. It seems that something is blocking it, but I can't really find any property of the query that can change that behaviour.

Any ideas?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Grid column events are blocked when query has no update after upgrading ODAC

Post by MaximG » Thu 07 Apr 2022 15:16

Thank you for the information. Please send us a very simlple sample project where the issue can be reproduced, including the DDL script for creating database objects used in the project. For your convenience, please use the e-support form https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html