Direct Connection with Service Name

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jjeffman

Direct Connection with Service Name

Post by jjeffman » Tue 29 Jan 2019 18:10

Hello,

I am using ODAC 9.7.26 on C++Builder 6.0 Professional Edition.

Some time ago I have got an answer from ODAC support on how to deal with direct connections wich need to specify if it was using SID or Service Name.

The answer I have got told me to use SN=<name> when Service Name was necessary and
SID=<name> when SID was necessary.

Now the name is composed by a name in the same format of an internet address like "folder.site.com".

I realized that TOraSession works differently with names like that. How can I deal with service names like that ?

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

Jayme Jeffman Filho

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Direct Connection with Service Name

Post by MaximG » Wed 30 Jan 2019 14:11

The use of domain names like "folder.site.com" does not differ from the use of the standard naming of Service Name, for example:

Code: Select all

OraSession -> Server = "oracle18c.site.com:1521:sn=folder.site.com";
We checked this behavior with the last version of ODAC 10.3.9 and did not find any issue.

jjeffman

Post by jjeffman » Wed 30 Jan 2019 14:53

Thank you very much for answering me.

Why TOraSession design connection dialog changes the Server property to "Host:1521/folder.site.com" if I use it to configure the connection ?

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 30 Jan 2019 17:30

You can use the "Host:1521/folder.site.com" value to specify the Oracle server. Such value will be equivalent to that one which was provided by us. Please, specify what exactly you mean when talking about the "oracle18c.site.com:1521:sn=folder.site.com" value changing? While using what dialogue exactly does it occur? Please, provide the exact steps to reproduce this issue.

jjeffman

Post by jjeffman » Wed 30 Jan 2019 20:38

Hello,

It is not an issue.

Double click TOraSession and the connection config dialog is shown. If you use it to fill in the values when you press Connect the Server property will contain a slash instead of "SN="

Thank you very much.
You can close this thread as solved.

Best regards.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 31 Jan 2019 06:40

We are glad to see the problem resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning our product usage.