DateTime values

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jjeffman

DateTime values

Post by jjeffman » Thu 15 Feb 2018 16:57

Hello,

I am using ODAC v. 9.7.26 on C++Builder 6.0 Professional edition.

I am facing a trouble on importing data from a MSSQL to Oracle on fields of DateTime data type.

I am querying the MSSQL table using a TAdoQuery component and filling up a VirtualTable to use as the DataSet parameter of the TOraLoader::LoadFromDataSet method.

The milliseconds portion of the DateTime values differ from the MSSQL source:

Is there any known issue on this matter ? (https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.j ... &stqc=true )

The DateTime columns in the Oracle database are of TIMESTAMP(3) type.

I have checked and the values obtained from the MSSQL by the Ado query are equal to the ones which are shown on the image I have posted.

I thought it could be a wrong date format of the ftTimeStamp columns of the TOraLoader component, I have changed it to have the milliseconds included (yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss.zzz) and it did not solve the problem.

It seems that the application is copying the milliseconds from the computer time where the application runs.

Thank you very much for any help.
Best regards.

Jayme Jeffman

jjeffman

Re: DateTime values

Post by jjeffman » Fri 16 Feb 2018 12:57

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have anymore the original queries which have generated both grids of data from Oracle and MSSQL to check if there was any order by issue between them.

I have checked a smaller set of data, specifying a fixed value for E3TimeStamp and all DateTime values are the same on both databases.

I appologise for taking your time to try to solve my question.

Best regrads.

Jayme Jeffman

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Mon 07 May 2018 10:57

Contact us on any questions related to our products

jjeffman

Post by jjeffman » Mon 07 May 2018 13:42

Hi Maxim,

As a matter in fact TOpLoader is a Devart product, so that was I have posted this question here and not at any SQL forum
I thought it could be a wrong date format of the ftTimeStamp columns of the TOraLoader component, I have changed it to have the milliseconds included (yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss.zzz) and it did not solve the problem.
But never mind I have found a workaround to this issue.

Best regards.

Jayme Jeffman

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Mon 07 May 2018 15:32

We are glad that the problem has resolved. Please contact us on any questions regarding the use of Oracle TIMESTAMP