ODAC SmartFetch and Debug

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jz

ODAC SmartFetch and Debug

Post by jz » Mon 18 Dec 2017 15:27

Hi!
1. I am trying to use SmartFetch feature (XE4 + ODAC 10.1.3), but it does not seem to work. I thought that a first step to solve the problem could be enabling Debug on DataSet, but I do not get any dialog with keys fetching query (although dialog with the main query is displayed), is it by purpose?

2. Do Filter/Filtered and IndexFieldNames affect the SmartFetch SQL?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: ODAC SmartFetch and Debug

Post by MaximG » Fri 22 Dec 2017 05:27

1. When using SmartFetch and the Debug option in the debugger window, you will be able to see only the main query text
2. The only restriction of using the properties you are interested in is the following : you cannot use the IndexFieldNames property when the OraQuery.SmartFetch.LiveBlock property is enabled

jz

Post by jz » Fri 22 Dec 2017 15:03

Ok, but it seems that when I set IndexFieldNames then SmartFetch does not work. It looks that after I set IndexFieldNames dataset fetches all rows and sorts them locally, am I right?

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Thu 22 Feb 2018 14:32

To use SmartFetch mode and local sorting simultaneously, specify the fields that are the IndexFieldNames value in the SmartFetch.PrefetchedFields property