Proxy connection revisited

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ping Kam

Post by Ping Kam » Tue 21 Dec 2004 00:26

Hi,

I downloaded the new beta to try out this proxy connection feature. I didn't do much testing (just connect a user through this proxy and do a select user from dual) and it seems to work. However, we have some suggestions.

First, the proxysession property is public and not published. It works but is not user friendly. We can't do any test in the IDE using the client schema through the proxy session at design time. This is not a big issue as we can always test at run time.

Second, your help file states that the password of the client session must be blank. Since Oracle supports proxy connection authenication using password, we want to leave it to the db (Oracle). This is more critical to us so can you modify the component so it will include the password if it is not blank?

Ping Kam

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue 21 Dec 2004 09:28

We will support proxy connection authentication using password feature at the next build.
As to your question about property scope, we think that this feature is quite specific and it's not necessary to publish it.

Ping Kam

Post by Ping Kam » Tue 21 Dec 2004 17:02

We will support proxy connection authentication using password feature at the next build.
Great. Look forward to your next build, hopefully before the new year.
As to your question about property scope, we think that this feature is quite specific and it's not necessary to publish it.
Sorry to hear that but I guess it must require a lot of effort to make it work at design time. It is a handy feature nice to have but can live without.

Thanks,
Ping Kam