TOraStoredProc is not migrated properly

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
a-s-z

TOraStoredProc is not migrated properly

Post by a-s-z » Tue 21 May 2013 11:17

Hi,

when upgrading from 8.6 to 9.0.1, the handling of TOraStoredProc has changed in some way.

In our case we had problems e.g. when functions/procedures are overloaded. The current version did not select the same overload as the old version and so runtime errors ocurred (PLS-00306).
We had to select the procedure manually in the designer again to fix the issues.
Another problem ocurred when the property IsResult was missing in the dfm file.

We do not want to check every component in every module by hand, so is there a way to fix this behavior or provide a converter?

Best Regards,
Andre

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: TOraStoredProc is not migrated properly

Post by AlexP » Wed 22 May 2013 14:20

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the problem with overload methods - the saved project created in the previous version and loaded in the new one uses the "needed" overload method. Please send the script for creating the project with overload methods and your form (dfm and pas) which causes errors.

We know about the problem with IsResult in dfm and will try to fix this behaviour in the next build.

a-s-z

Post by a-s-z » Wed 22 May 2013 14:46

Hi,
AlexP wrote:We know about the problem with IsResult in dfm and will try to fix this behaviour in the next build.
How long will it take approximately to release new version? At the moment, this issue is blocking our upgrade to V9. It seems that the other errors have the same reason.

Best regards,
Andre

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Thu 23 May 2013 09:02

Hello,

We plan to release a new version in the next month.

a-s-z

Post by a-s-z » Thu 23 May 2013 09:07

Hi,
AlexP wrote:Hello,
We plan to release a new version in the next month.
This is quite long for me.
Is it possible to get a quick fix sooner, or apply a workaround to dfm files?

Best regards,
Andre

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 29 May 2013 08:03

Hello,

If you have a version with source code, you should add the following changes to the Ora.pas module: in the TOraSQL.AssignParam method delete the string

Code: Select all

OraParamDesc.SetIsResult(OraParam.FIsResult);
If you have no sources, please send us your license number and e-mail to alexp*devart*com in order for me to send you the fixed version of ODAC. Also, please specify your version of the IDE.

sebbien

Post by sebbien » Fri 28 Feb 2014 12:26

Hello,

I fall into the same issue (ODAC 6.9 to 9.2.7).
the first time was with Delphi XE4 and ODAC 9.0.x, in the mean time I wrote script to add the IsResult=true into the .dfm, but I found finally this solution risky to migrate thousands of stored proc like this and gave a try to latests versions.

I'm now working with Delphi XE5. To reproduce and test if the latest version still have this bug, I created a simple TOraStoredProc (function returning string, input is 2 strings) and remove the IsResult=true manually from the .dfm.
This worked well with ODAC 9.1.4 but not with ODAC 9.2.7, I receive the message "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments"

Could you tell me in which version it has been corrected ? and tell me if it's expected that it's back into 9.2.7 ?

Thanks

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 03 Mar 2014 10:56

After adding previous changes, other problems occurred with RESULT parameters, therefore we had to rollback the changes. We are looking for ways to fix this problem not changing the behavior in other cases.

DDlopez

Post by DDlopez » Wed 26 Aug 2020 06:39

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm facing the same issue.

Is there a solution to this problem?

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 02 Sep 2020 11:11

This is a rather old thread, many changes have made to the source code of our product since then. Please send us your DDL script for creating stored procedures and a code snippet that calls these procedures.

DDlopez

Post by DDlopez » Wed 02 Sep 2020 11:20

I've solved my problem using the global variable

OraClasses.ForceProcNamedParams := True;

Thanks anyway

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 02 Sep 2020 12:10

We are glad that you found a necessary solution. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning ODAC usage.