Oracle9i Lite

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
OlegProv

Oracle9i Lite

Post by OlegProv » Fri 03 Dec 2004 09:47

Hi, All!

How does one connect to a Oracle9i Lite database with ODAC ?
If it is possible more in detail

Thanks in advance, Oleg.

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri 03 Dec 2004 13:42

There is the only one way to connect to Oracle Lite with ODAC using the following transfer way

[ODAC] -> [OCI] -> [OCA] -> [ODBC] -> [Oracle Server]

For this purpose, please configure ODBC according to Oracle Lite documentation. Please set
OraSession.Server = 'ODBC:POLITE';

You can test a connection to Oracle server using SQL Plus. Unfortunately this schema works well for Oracle 8i Lite and does not supported in Oracle 9i Lite.

Post by Guest » Tue 07 Dec 2004 08:51

Paul wrote:Unfortunately this schema works well for Oracle 8i Lite and does not supported in Oracle 9i Lite.
Through TBDESession too it is impossible to be connected to Oracle9i Lite?

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 08 Dec 2004 07:31

The problem is in OCA.
You can try to connect to Oracle 9i Lite using TBDESession and configure BDE alias to ODBC.

OlegProv

Post by OlegProv » Wed 08 Dec 2004 09:45

Paul wrote:You can try to connect to Oracle 9i Lite using TBDESession and configure BDE alias to ODBC.
BDESession.Connect; --- OK
OraQuery.Open; --- Error: OCI function is not linked

What to do?

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 14 Dec 2004 16:34

Sorry, TBDESession cannot be used for ODBC connection. TBDESession is used for Oracle
only.
Oracle 9i Lite, Oracle 10g Lite do not support OCI interface for connecting to local
database. It is supported ODBC and JDBC interfaces on Mobile Client side starting
from Oracle 9i Lite. So ODAC cannot be used in this situation.