Windows ESocketError NET

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ricardo - Brazil

Windows ESocketError NET

Post by Ricardo - Brazil » Tue 23 Nov 2004 19:40

I'using delphi 7 on a winxp pro with oracle 8.1.7 on a Win 2003 server.

When I connect TOraSession from design time it is OK, but when I run my program setting torasession propterts user, password, server and connect the below error occurs:

Project App.exe raise exception ESocketError with message 'Windows socket error: No connection could be made because the trget machine actively refused (10061), on API connect.' Process stopped. Use step or run to continue

After this another dialog error is shown, with message:
Project App.exe raise exception EOraError with message 'NET: Service is unavailable'.Process stopped. Use step or run to continue

Follow the Line and statement that the erro occurs:
Datamodule1.OraSession1.Connected := True;
(* my session is a TOraSession Object *)

I could not understand the error, because in design time the Orasession1 connect sucessifull.

I need help ...

Tks

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu 25 Nov 2004 12:09

This error message can happen if you specify a wrong server name, port number or you work through firewall. Please check connection to Oracle server using SQLPlus on target machine.

Ricardo - Brazil

TNS Connection OK

Post by Ricardo - Brazil » Mon 29 Nov 2004 13:53

The connection with oracle is OK.
I could connect from design-time, change TOraSessio.Connected = True, but I could not connect on runtime, when the error explained on my fisrt post occurs