Only when I'm involved not working

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
gregotte

Only when I'm involved not working

Post by gregotte » Fri 22 Mar 2019 12:46

Whenever anyone creates a new review, it emails the entire team even when they have "Only when I'm involved" selected. This makes it hard to know if a review requires your attention. We recently upgraded TFS to version 16.131.28601.4, not sure if that effected it our not.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Re: Only when I'm involved not working

Post by mstislavs » Thu 28 Mar 2019 06:25

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem. Review Assistant sends notification about new review without reviewers for all project members because all of them can join to review as reviewer. It seems that it is your case. Is option "Allow creating reviews without pre-defined reviewers" enabled in your project http://prntscr.com/n3yzkv ?

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

gregotte

Post by gregotte » Fri 29 Mar 2019 13:53

Thank you for your help. Yes we did have "Allow creating reviews without pre-defined reviewers" checked. Once I changed that setting it stopped spamming all of the developers. I think it would be nice to be able to designate members of a project as reviewers so only they would be notified.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Mon 01 Apr 2019 06:19

gregotte wrote: Fri 29 Mar 2019 13:53 I think it would be nice to be able to designate members of a project as reviewers so only they would be notified.
It is the default use case. But some team want to remove this strict rule and they sets this option to notify all team members about new review without reviewers. In your case we recommend you to set reviewers for the new review and notifications do not send even if option "Allow creating reviews without pre-defined reviewers" is enabled or you can disable this option.

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com