Iterative Reviews (Revision History) Not Working (with TFS)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
mkornher2

Iterative Reviews (Revision History) Not Working (with TFS)

Post by mkornher2 » Fri 14 Dec 2018 22:03

No matter what I do, I cannot get revision history (for iterative reviews) to work properly. I add multiple revisions (shelvesets) to a review, and the historical revision slider does not appear anywhere. It's almost like the review can only be "aware" of a single revision, even if I've added multiple.

I had it working when I was doing a personal test while I had Review Assistant installed on my machine as workstation AND server (pointing to the same source control repository as it is now). However, ever since I installed it on a proper server on our network and changed my local machine to be just a client that points to that server instance of Review Assistant, revision history has NOT worked.

I looked at the database, and nothing is jumping out at me that would explain what's happening.

Everything else seems to work as you'd expect, though.

Please help, because the revision history feature is the #1 reason we went with this product.

Database: SQL Server 2016
Source Control: TFS 2013

mstislavs
Devart Team

Re: Iterative Reviews (Revision History) Not Working (with TFS)

Post by mstislavs » Mon 17 Dec 2018 08:46

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem. Review Assistant does not support iterative review for shelvesets. You can add only one shelveset to the review. However, you can post your suggestion at User Voice
https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/145 ... -assistant

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

mkornher2

Post by mkornher2 » Mon 17 Dec 2018 15:22

I swear I had multiple shelveset revisions working with iterative reviews during my trial. Are you 100% sure it is not supported?

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Tue 18 Dec 2018 12:11

Yes. I am sure. Review Assistant does not support iterative review for the shelvesets.

mkornher2

Post by mkornher2 » Thu 20 Dec 2018 15:33

Is there any way this can be implemented very quickly? It's definitely the difference between our company buying RA and not.

jbolduc13

Post by jbolduc13 » Wed 30 Jan 2019 19:27

mkornher2 wrote: Thu 20 Dec 2018 15:33 Is there any way this can be implemented very quickly? It's definitely the difference between our company buying RA and not.
Same concern here, we want to implement a review check-in policy, but as it is currently the reviewer must always compare base and last versions, he cannot compare with last commented revision to only see the last increment, such a pain...

Do you plan to support it in a near future ? it will definitely impact the decision if we continue using your tool or not.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Tue 05 Feb 2019 08:46

jbolduc13 wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 19:27
mkornher2 wrote: Thu 20 Dec 2018 15:33 Is there any way this can be implemented very quickly? It's definitely the difference between our company buying RA and not.
Same concern here, we want to implement a review check-in policy, but as it is currently the reviewer must always compare base and last versions, he cannot compare with last commented revision to only see the last increment, such a pain...

Do you plan to support it in a near future ? it will definitely impact the decision if we continue using your tool or not.
Hi. The iterative review for the shelvesets will be available in the next version. We plan to publish the developer preview version this or next week.

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

mkornher2

Post by mkornher2 » Sun 17 Feb 2019 17:16

That is EXCELLENT news. Please let me know when it's been released in developer preview or officially.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Mon 18 Feb 2019 13:06

We plan to publish the developer build this week

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

SvetlanaL

Post by SvetlanaL » Thu 21 Feb 2019 13:36

Please download the developer build at the following link devart.com/pub/reviewassistant_R101021.exe
Since it is a developer build, we recommend making a database dump.

mkornher2

Post by mkornher2 » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:35

Do you know when this is going to go out with an official release build?

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Wed 27 Mar 2019 12:58

mkornher2 wrote: Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:35 Do you know when this is going to go out with an official release build?
We plan to publish a new version on Friday or next Monday

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com