Remove notifications

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
Pidda

Remove notifications

Post by Pidda » Mon 10 Sep 2018 09:16

Hello,

I tried searching the forum but were not able to find any solution to my problem.

Is there a way to remove the bottom right "There are changes in reviews you are participating in"-window?

Thank you.

[Edit]
Just to be clear. Automatic Refresh did not seem to turn them off. And it's the small boxes that pop up in the lower right corner of Visual Studio when someone has reviewed or changed something.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Re: Remove notifications

Post by mstislavs » Mon 17 Sep 2018 11:29

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the question.
Pidda wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 09:16 Is there a way to remove the bottom right "There are changes in reviews you are participating in"-window?
Unfortunately, Review Assistant does not have option to disable this window. Why do you want to hide it? Probably, you want to improve it and add to it some important information.
If you don't need it at all, you can disable automatically refresh and perform refresh manually. This window in the lower right corner of Visual Studio appears only on automatically refresh.

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

Pidda

Post by Pidda » Wed 26 Sep 2018 06:46

I want to hide it since it's annoying when it pops up every time someone reviews something. Even though you close it down. I'd like to be able to close it down permanently until I'm ready to review the code. Preferably an option like "Disable popup for X hours".

Disabling automatically refresh works but It seems more like a workaround rather than a solution.

mstislavs
Devart Team

Post by mstislavs » Fri 28 Sep 2018 17:16

We plan to change behavior of this notification type and we will also consider your suggestion.

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com