Login failure for some users

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
devers

Login failure for some users

Post by devers » Mon 23 Jul 2018 16:38

We have 3 out of 25 users who are no longer able to log in to RA 3.6. If they enter an incorrect password, RA promptly returns a bad password message. If they enter their correct password, RA hangs for about five minutes and then displays a message that the remote host has closed the connection. If another user, such as myself, puts in their credentials on the affected users' PC, the login succeeds immediately and the reviews are displayed. Conversely, if one of the affected users replaces my credentials with theirs on my PC, the connection hangs.

It seems to be a problem with the user account in RA, but there are no RA entries in the Windows event log on either the server or the client PC. Looking at the Activity Monitor in SQL Management Studio, I don't see any RA queries stuck running while they're logging in. How can I find out more about what's going wrong and/or how do I fix it?

mstislavs
Devart Team

Re: Login failure for some users

Post by mstislavs » Tue 24 Jul 2018 07:54

Hi

Thank you for reporting the problem.
devers wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 16:38 How can I find out more about what's going wrong and/or how do I fix it?
Please provide us with the Event Viewer log of the Review Assistant server:
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Devart Review Assistant.evtx

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com

devers

Re: Login failure for some users

Post by devers » Tue 24 Jul 2018 14:17

Thanks for letting me know about that application log. There is an entry that seems relevant, and I've sent the entire log to the support team.

Review Assistant 3.6.465.

If you can not resolve this error, please contact Devart support team: https://www.devart.com/company/contactf ... -assistant

Error occurred in ErrorHandler at 7/24/2018 10:05:21 AM:

Message: The sequence has been terminated by the remote endpoint. The user specified maximum retry count for a particular message has been exceeded. Because of this the reliable session cannot continue. The reliable session was faulted.
Source: System.ServiceModel.Internals
TargetSite: TAsyncResult End[TAsyncResult](System.IAsyncResult)
HelpLink:
Type: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException
HResult: -2146233087
Stack:
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.InputQueue`1.AsyncQueueReader.End(IAsyncResult result, T& value)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.InputQueueChannel`1.EndDequeue(IAsyncResult result, TDisposable& item)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ErrorHandlingReceiver.EndTryReceive(IAsyncResult result, RequestContext& requestContext)