Review Assistant cannot create review on Pre-Commit when files are from different projects

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
lordneeko

Review Assistant cannot create review on Pre-Commit when files are from different projects

Post by lordneeko » Tue 02 Jun 2015 17:20

If I create a review manually, I can add filed from multiple different projects (as defined in the Review Assistant settings), however, if I have files in my "Pending Changes" from more than one project, a error occurs that says

"Failed to find a review project for your workspace.
Possible reasons:
1. Review project either is not created or you don't have access to it
2. 'Working Directory' setting does not match the root folder of your workspace
"

It then repeats this message for all projects that are represented in the pending changes. (e.g. if I have 3 files from 2 different projects, I'll see the message twice)

I know the tool supports reviews from multiple projects, I guess this is just a flaw in the Pre-commit policy.

Thanks.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Review Assistant cannot create review on Pre-Commit when files are from different projects

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 03 Jun 2015 11:41

As I see your situation, you have Review Assistant project A and project B. You changed files from both projects and then you are unable to create review through the check-in policy. Because Review Assistant doesn't know in what project it should create the review. In such case, you can exclude project B files from commit, click refresh button and create review through the check-in policy to project A. Then return to pending changes window, include previously excluded files and repeat operation again for project B.

Also consider moving repositories from Review Assistant project B to project A - this will allow to create review in one click.