Unable to create a review from TFS Work Item

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
rhames

Unable to create a review from TFS Work Item

Post by rhames » Wed 04 Mar 2015 11:10

I am trialling Review Assistant at present. We use VS2013 with TFS. The integration with TFS seems to be working OK, I have been able to set up a project that connects to TFS OK, and I can create reviews from a number of changesets (via the "View History" page for the relevant branch).

I then tried to create a review from a work item. The work item has a number of changesets associated with it, which I can view under the "Links" tab when viewing the work item. However, if I right click on the work item and select "Review Work Item Code" nothing appears to happen. No review is created. There are no errors shown, nor are any errors logged in the event log. I have tried this with a few different work items, but the result is always the same.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

This seems to be related to having more than one changeset associated with a work item. I found a work item with a single changeset associated with it. I was able to create a review from this by right clicking and selecting "Review Work Item Code". I then cancelled the review, made a small code change and committed this, with the commit associated with the same work item. I then tried again to create a review from the work item (which now has two changesets associated with it), but this time the review was not created.

lordneeko

Re: Unable to create a review from TFS Work Item

Post by lordneeko » Tue 10 Mar 2015 16:39

We are having the same problem with TFS 2012 and Visual Studio 2012. Can review an item with 1 changeset, but not if there are more than 1. Also, there are no error or warning messages.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Unable to create a review from TFS Work Item

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 11 Mar 2015 11:32

We already fixed this problem and it will be included in the upcoming release. Thank you for participation.