TFS check in policy is not registering some files as reviewed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
frymirep

TFS check in policy is not registering some files as reviewed

Post by frymirep » Tue 24 Feb 2015 17:04

Environment:
- TFS 2012
- Visual Studio 2013
- Review Assistant check in policy enabled
- Simple Review Workflow

We have made several attempts to create a default MVC project within Visual Studio and check in the initial solution and all accompanying files to TFS 2013. Review Assistant is correctly notifying us that the check in policy is not satisfied, and creates a new code review request and accompanying shelveset in TFS. As expected, the review is accepted and closed. An attempt to check in the files results once again in the notification that the policy is not satisfied.

Review Assistant is working as expected for single files, but certain files can not be checked in when accompanied by other files. Unfortunately there appears to be no rhyme or reason to which files will have this problem and it's blocking us from using the check-in policy.

To reproduce this, create a new MVC project in Visual Studio and attempt to check the entire project in using the checkin policy.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: TFS check in policy is not registering some files as reviewed

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 25 Feb 2015 13:29

We have managed to reproduce the issue and will fix it. Thank you.

As a workaround, you can perform initial commit by overriding policy warning, and then perform review as usual on small portions of files.

frymirep

Post by frymirep » Wed 25 Feb 2015 21:57

Do you have an estimate date for the fix to be released? We are do not want to implement an inconvenient work around.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 26 Feb 2015 12:07

Unfortunately, I can not say right now when the issue will be fixed. We plan to release new version of Review Assistant in the second part of March and I will try to push this issue in that release. I will keep you in touch.

lordneeko

Post by lordneeko » Wed 04 Mar 2015 20:09

This is a big concern for us as well. We are building up a program and have a new project (or changing projects) going in every change set, and it needs to be reviewed. Hopefully this can get in a build very soon.

frymirep

Post by frymirep » Thu 19 Mar 2015 19:40

Would it be possible to get an update on this fix release? This is the primary reason we purchased Review Assistant for our organization and the workaround is not acceptable.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Fri 20 Mar 2015 11:24

I see that your issue was resolved. So it will be included into the next Review Assistant release. I think it will be realeased within the current month.