SVN Error when connecting through Review Assistant

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
valsidalv

SVN Error when connecting through Review Assistant

Post by valsidalv » Fri 08 Aug 2014 19:10

Hi, I just installed Review Assistant and Code Reviewer within my company (we're currently testing out the 30-day trial). I successfully set up the server but am having issues with one of the employees' install.
Whenever he attempts any action that requires connecting to our SVN server he receives the following error after entering his credentials:
Command: log --non-interactive --username USER --stop-on-copy --xml --limit 100 https://my.server.com/svn/projects/my_project/Trunk
Working Directory: C:\my_directory\my_project
Message: svn: E230001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://my.server.com/svn/projects/my_project/Trunk'
svn: E230001: Server SSL certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted
svn.exe in the TortoiseSVN directory is correctly selected in the Version Control tab.

Some research online hints at adding the argument "--trust-server-cert" but I'm not sure where to add that. Another employee can successfully connect, so I'm not sure where the fault lies.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: SVN Error when connecting through Review Assistant

Post by AlexeyN » Mon 11 Aug 2014 10:04

Hi. Try to interact with that repository manually (e.g. from TortoiseSVN), and it will prompt you to trust that certificate. It will be saved for that machine once you allow the certificate.

valsidalv

Post by valsidalv » Mon 11 Aug 2014 15:19

Navigating to the SVN SSL certificate directory (%APPDATA%\Subversion\aut\svn.ssl.server), I deleted the existing file which prompted TortoiseSVN to trust the certificate again. I selected "trust certificate permanently" but unfortunately this didn't make the problem go away.
The employee's login credentials are saved in TortoiseSVN, but not Review Assistant. Aside from this I can't think of any differences between his installation and the other ones.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Tue 12 Aug 2014 12:15

Please check that Visual Studio and SVN client running under the same user.

We will add "--trust-server-cert" to our connection string to prevent similar situations.