You are logged out or have no access to current project. To start working you need to Login to existing server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
Ricardo.Andujar

You are logged out or have no access to current project. To start working you need to Login to existing server

Post by Ricardo.Andujar » Sat 19 Oct 2013 00:27

Ok. So Installed the server & client demo, I am able to login as Admin to change configuration. I can add users, delete users, etc. The server is running using my domain credentials. I was able to configure the TFS 2012 repo successfully. I tried both Active Directory and also Review Assistent Accounts but when ever I click on the Code Review Board button it always says the following:
You are logged out or have no access to the current project.
To start working you need to
Login to existing server
or
Setup Review Assistant Project.

My Config is as follows:
My PC OS is Windows 7,
VS 2012 premium,
TFS 2012 server (authentication is via Active Directory)
Review Assistant 2.0.130 is installed on my PC (I removed the firewall)
I have Admin user accounts + three Review Assistant Accounts.

What am I doing wrong?

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: You are logged out or have no access to current project. To start working you need to Login to existing server

Post by AlexeyN » Mon 21 Oct 2013 10:05

Only users, that were added to the Project as members, can work with the Project. So, simply add Administrator to project members - and you will be able to interact with the Project.
We will think how to make the behaviour more clear.

Ricardo.Andujar

Re: You are logged out or have no access to current project. To start working you need to Login to existing server

Post by Ricardo.Andujar » Tue 22 Oct 2013 02:00

Thank You. I was under the assumption that just adding the user to the database from active directory was good enough for it to work. Did not realize I needed to add each user to the project as well.
I understand the need to manage the users on a project basis, but wondering if there could be an option to automatically add a new user to either all projects or at least a default project.

Thanks again.