Subscription or one time purchase?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
allev

Subscription or one time purchase?

Post by allev » Fri 23 Aug 2013 09:51

In Review Assistant Options -> Licenses tab there is a column "Subscription days remain" (which is currently empty for our trial). A haven't found any information here: buying review assistant is one-time-forever purchase, or subscription for some period?

thanks

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Subscription or one time purchase?

Post by AlexeyN » Fri 23 Aug 2013 10:35

Hello,

Refer to our Review Assistant ordering page:

Purchasing a Review Assistant license grants you 1 year free support and updates.

allev

Post by allev » Wed 04 Sep 2013 13:39

But if we will not need support/updates after one year, can we still use a product?

mst

Post by mst » Mon 09 Sep 2013 06:05

We just bought Review Assistant and I can confirm that you will have to renew after one year. The license expires and then I guess you can't use the product anymore with the paid features. You just get the free license which is limited to 3 users.

allev

Post by allev » Mon 09 Sep 2013 14:18

mst wrote:We just bought Review Assistant and I can confirm that you will have to renew after one year. The license expires and then I guess you can't use the product anymore with the paid features. You just get the free license which is limited to 3 users.
I've got an official answer from DevArt sales department, and it says that licence will not expire, only updates/support subscription will.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 19 Sep 2013 16:19

Yes, allev is right. After subscription ends you will not be able to receive updates and we do not support such old releases. But you can use the old version without any limitations.