Simple review workflow

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
allev

Simple review workflow

Post by allev » Fri 16 Aug 2013 14:05

Hi guys,
our company is currently evaluating Review Assistant, we using 'Simple review workflow' in our project.
The issue is there is no way to create review without assigning a reviewer to it. This doesn't allow us to use agile process, when anyone who is available can join a review.
Is there any way to create review in current version? (1.2.35 08-Aug-2013)
Or do you plan to add this ability in the nearest time?

Thanks in advance

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Simple review workflow

Post by AlexeyN » Fri 16 Aug 2013 16:21

Hello,

Unfortunately, Review Assistant does not have such functionality yet. As a workaround you can grant Project Owner permissions to all users, create user (e.g. EmptyUser) and put this fake user to all newly created review. User with Project Owner permissions can add yourself as the reviewer and delete an EmptyUser.
In the upcoming Review Assistant 2.0 version we will think how to solve the problem in a more elegant way.

allev

Post by allev » Mon 19 Aug 2013 11:27

Alexey,
Thank you for quick response, this is solve our issue.

nlargent

Post by nlargent » Wed 26 Nov 2014 17:10

Hello, I am also interested in having reviews open to the team rather than assigning someone up front. I'm currently evaluating version 2.5 and don't see a way to do this. Has this been addressed yet?

Thank you.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 27 Nov 2014 10:41

nlargent wrote:Hello, I am also interested in having reviews open to the team rather than assigning someone up front. I'm currently evaluating version 2.5 and don't see a way to do this. Has this been addressed yet?

Thank you.
Hello, please see workaround at the link below: http://blog.devart.com/agile-code-revie ... stant.html